ISWD: Virtual Reality Lab
Bringing the virtual world to the classroom, the ISWD Virtual Reality (VR) lab offers students, educators, professionals, and community members a chance to learn and create within a virtual space. In our lab, users can apply, assess, and improve their skills using state of the art VR-technology! This technology allows users to not only experience the "fun" of everything a VR world has to offer but also examine the real-world applications - such as virtual simulations of dangerous or costly processes without real-world consequences.
Who can benefit from Virtual Reality?
Here is a sample of some of the benefits students, educators, and industry members can gain from using our virtual reality lab.
- Hands-on learning opportunities in a controlled environment
- Adding the Virtual Reality experience to your skillset and resume
- Whether it's Mount Everest or Ancient Egypt, you can visit remote or historical settings that are inaccessible otherwise
- Experiment with 3D designs and prototypes in a virtual space
- VR-based interactive lectures have been proven to offer the opportunity "step into" simulations of real-world learning environments where they can apply, assess, and improve skills in a safe and controlled environment.
- Giving students access to content and skill practice outside of the classroom
- Investigate if learners gain skills in addition to content knowledge when experiencing the VR training sessions
- Identify criteria for the curriculum that benefits most from Virtual Reality technology (compared to both traditional lectures and distance learning options)
- Corporate and Industry
- Create safe, controlled environments for your employes to receive personalized, interactive training
- Use our lab to VR host training events (like this training session for new nursing employees) up to 19 users at a given time
- Use our lab to train your employes on how to develop and implement VR environments
- Investigate ways that your employees can benefit from virtual reality training
- Identify training scenarios that are improved through VR training
- All users must complete a quick "Lab & Safety Training Session" before using any equipment in the VR lab.
- The VR lab offers scheduled lab time (individual stations or entire room) for free to the MSU student and faculty community (as availability allows).
- No training or outside guidance will be offered for these sessions, this is simply reserving the space.
- Extended use, outside community, and professional members may be asked to pay a fee.
- Individual or group training sessions may be offered (as availability allows) for a fee.