- Assistant Professor
- Information Technology Coordinator
Ph.D., Instructional Systems, Leadership and Workforce Development, Mississippi State University, 2008
M.S. in TESOL, University of Pennsylvania, 2005
B.S.B.A in Finance, The Ohio State University, 2001
Technology facilitated collaborative learning, distance education, and technology enhanced learning. Dr. Yu has also been involved in a range of research projects investigating the educational benefits of technologies such as social media and mobile technologies in various pedagogical contexts.
Liou, S., Liu, H., Tsai, S., Cheng, C., Yu, W. & Chu, T. (2016). Development of the computerized model of performance-based measurement system to measure nurses’ clinical competence. Computers, Informatics, Nursing, 34(4), 159-168.
Yu, W. W., Lin, C. C., Ho, M. H. & Wang, J. (2015). Technology facilitated PBL pedagogy and its impact on nursing student’s academic achievement and critical thinking dispositions. Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology, 14 (1), 97-107.
Yu, W. W., Lin, C. C., Wang, J., & Ho, M. H. (2014). Modified PBL approaches in nursing English pedagogy and their impacts on student’s achievement, learning strategies and motivation. Advances in Social Sciences Research Journal, 1(5), 198-212.
Yu, W. W., Cheng, C. Lin, C. C., & Wang, J. (2013). Fostering nursing students’ informatics competencies via a web-based information literacy course. Journal of Curriculum and Teaching, 2(2), 11-21.
- Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology, Distance Education Division (AECT)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- National Business Education Association (NBEA)
- Teachers of English for Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Outstanding Paper Award, E-learn 2014, AACE, New Orleans, 2014